This recipe serves 4.
1 cup Water
1/2 Cup Gourmet Blends Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Sugar
2 ea. D’anjou Pears
8oz. Mixed Salad Greens
1- 8oz log Goat Cheese
2/3 cup Canola Oil
1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
2 Grinds of Black Pepper from a Pepper Mill
To Poach the Pears:
1. Combine water, sugar and black cherry balsamic in a medium sized pot and stir to combine.
2. Peel the pears with a vegetable peeler, cut them in half length wise, and core them with a Melon Baller.
3. Place the peeled and cored pears in the poaching liquid and place over medium high heat.
4. Bring to a simmer and then turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove pot from heat and leave in liquid to cool.
6. Remove the pears from the poaching liquid and place them on a cutting board
7. Slice each pear half into about 8 slices. Set aside.
8. Cut four 1/2 in. slices of goat cheese from the log. Set aside.
To Make the Dressing:
Pour 1/3 cup of the poached pear liquid and the 1/8th tsp. of salt into a small bowl.
While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil.
1. In a medium sized bowl, toss the greens with most of the dressing and pile onto 4 plates.
2. Fan the pear slices and lean them against the lettuce.
3. Place a goat cheese slice next to the pear slices.
4. Drizzle the goat cheese with the remaining dressing.
5. Finish with pepper on the goat cheese.